July 16, 2015

STITCH FIX: Personal Stylist Clothing Subscription

stitch fix

www.stitchfix.com

Price: Depends on the items, but averages to $250 per box, or $50 per item. Shipping and returns are free; frequency is up to you.

The Deal: After a quick style and fit quiz, a personal stylist picks out five pieces of clothing just for you. You try them on in the comfort of your own home and send back the things you don't like. Rate each clothing item to improve future boxes.

Review: I'm one of those people that hates shopping for clothes because I can never find anything that fits me and blah blah blah. So I was crazy impressed by how perfectly every item in my Stitch Fix fit, without the stylist ever even having seen me! That said, Stitch Fix is expensive, and over time I felt like the stylists weren't listening to me. The Fixes became increasingly random instead of better, despite the time-consuming feedback process. I eventually discontinued my account. I know lots of people who are happy with Stitch Fix, but I'm not one of them.

Notes: Portions of this post originally appeared in "Unboxing Subscription Boxes" in the April 2015 edition of The Pueblo PULP.

No comments:

Post a Comment